Skip to main content

Building Notifications & Emergencies


BMO provides various types of notifications to building occupants in Health Sciences, WH Foege, and SCC.

These include utility shutdowns, construction updates, and outside obstructions/changes affecting traffic.


If you are not currently receiving notifications, contact HS Building Management:

Include your wing/floor location in the email  so we can add your information to our notifications database.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the effects or timing of a shutdown, contact:

Tim McGrath
Maintenance Zone Project Manager
UW Facilities, Health Sciences Maintenance Zone

VM 206-543-4962
Cell 206-409-9688

Be sure to reference the six digit work request number in your message.


If you detect an emergency of any kind, please report it:

  • Fire or Smoke – If an alarm has not already sounded, pull the manual fire alarm, then evacuate.  If a pull station is not nearby, call 911.
  • Violence, Criminal Activity or Suspicious Behavior – Call the UW Police Department at 911.  If you are calling from a cell phone, ask to be transferred to UWPD.
  • Water – Flooding should be reported immediately to Facilities Services at 206-685-1900.
  • Elevator Entrapment – Call Facilities Services at 206-685-1900.
  • Power Outage – Call Facilities Services at 206-685-1900.
  • Other Utility Outages or Interruptions – Call Facilities Services at 206-685-1900.
  • Loud, Continuing Noise – Call HS Building Management at 206-685-0143.

Outside of Normal Business Hours

After hours, weekends, and holidays, call Facilities Services at 206-685-1900. Your call will be routed to the UW Police Department, who in turn will summon a Facilities Operations Maintenance Specialist (FOMS).

Emergency Preparedness

For general information about emergency preparedness, contact UW Emergency Management (UWEM).