Skip to main content

Building Access Coordinator (BAC)


A Building Access Coordinator (BAC) is someone within a department or organizational unit who has been authorized to request Health Sciences photo ID badges, card access, and keys.

These BACs are registered with HS Building Management. A registered BAC may be located outside our facilities, as long as they have a business reason to request access.

To register or update Building Access Coordinators, fill out Form 21 and send it to HS Building Management.


Building Management controls the issuance of all Health Sciences Building keys via departmental Building Access Coordinators (BAC) .

  • Building Management keeps a record of key sub-numbers.
  • Each department must have a system in place that checks keys in and out as personnel change.
  • All issued keys are University property and must be returned upon leaving the University or upon request.
  • Any keys that are not issued to an individual should be kept in a secure lockbox by the Building Access Coordinator.
  • BACs may only request keys for their own department.
  • If a department needs keys to a space that it does not own, it must request the keys from the BAC of the owning department.
  • Written approval to order another department’s keys must be sent to Building Management. This may be an email.

Card Access

  • The BAC is responsible for coordinating their organizational unit’s Husky Card access requests.
  • The BAC is also responsible for coordinating access badges for individuals who are not eligible for a Husky Card.
  • All access requests and changes must be requested online by an authorized BAC.
  • If a BAC wishes to make changes to their own access, they must obtain their supervisor’s approval via online request or email.